Hot Sheet: Ke$ha to Lochte and Everything in Between
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 19 2013 4:00 PM ET
4. FILM: TCM Film Festival
Hollywood returns to its historic glory with the fourth annual filmfest presented by cable channel Turner Classic Movies. The festival takes over multiple Hollywood venues to showcase films dating from the 1920s through the 1980s, most of them with a star, director, or film expert present for discussion. Among this year’s most anticipated screenings: the premiere of the 45th anniversary restoration of Funny Girl, Barbra Streisand’s first film, for the opening-night gala, and a showing of the Joan Crawford classic Mildred Pierce, with a personal appearance by Ann Blyth, featured in the movie as Veda, the most ungrateful daughter of all time. There will also be extended onstage discussions with Tippi Hedren and Eva Marie Saint, trivia contests, panels with film historians, and more. Thursday, April 25, through Sunday, April 28.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban