Hot Sheet: Mommie, Demi, and Daisy
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2013 10:29 AM ET
5. ART: “Robb Stone: Gazing”
Stone, working in bleach on colored silk, creates paintings based on images from news and social media — including photos on gay hookup sites — that appeal to his interest in the intersection of classical imagery and contemporary masculinity. Bert Green Fine Art in Chicago is presenting Stone’s first solo show; Stone will be in the house for an opening reception Saturday from 5 to 8 p.m., and he’ll return to give a talk on the closing night, June 29.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- George Takei Hosts My Husband's Not Straight — The Perfect Follow-Up to TLC's 'Not Gay' Reality Show
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar