Hot Sheet: Mommie, Demi, and Daisy
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2013 11:29 AM ET
5. ART: “Robb Stone: Gazing”
Stone, working in bleach on colored silk, creates paintings based on images from news and social media — including photos on gay hookup sites — that appeal to his interest in the intersection of classical imagery and contemporary masculinity. Bert Green Fine Art in Chicago is presenting Stone’s first solo show; Stone will be in the house for an opening reception Saturday from 5 to 8 p.m., and he’ll return to give a talk on the closing night, June 29.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- College Reddit User Turns Arkansas Governor’s Website Into LGBT Forum