Hot Sheet: Mommie, Demi, and Daisy
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2013 11:29 AM ET
5. ART: “Robb Stone: Gazing”
Stone, working in bleach on colored silk, creates paintings based on images from news and social media — including photos on gay hookup sites — that appeal to his interest in the intersection of classical imagery and contemporary masculinity. Bert Green Fine Art in Chicago is presenting Stone’s first solo show; Stone will be in the house for an opening reception Saturday from 5 to 8 p.m., and he’ll return to give a talk on the closing night, June 29.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children