Hot Sheet: Well Strung
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 14 2013 7:49 PM ET
5. TV: Hot in Cleveland
TV Land’s snarky comedy about women of a certain age gets a little bit gayer in its fifth season, which premieres with a special live episode Wednesday. Out actor Michael Urie snagged a recurring role as a gay wedding planner hired to coordinate Victoria (Wendie Malick)’s wedding, but keep an eye out for increasingly complex involvement for Urie’s character. Of course, even without Urie’s handsome mug gracing the screen, Hot in Cleveland continues to be among TV Land’s highest-rated shows, hanging on the serious star power of leads Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, and Malick. We expect Urie’s character will get some valuable screen time and significant plot points — not only because he’s a talented actor, but because out Emmy-winning actor Sean Hayes is one of the show’s executive producers.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad
- Op-ed: Miley's Date Proves Homelessness Is the Real Crime
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'