Hot Sheet: Well Strung
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 14 2013 7:49 PM ET
5. TV: Hot in Cleveland
TV Land’s snarky comedy about women of a certain age gets a little bit gayer in its fifth season, which premieres with a special live episode Wednesday. Out actor Michael Urie snagged a recurring role as a gay wedding planner hired to coordinate Victoria (Wendie Malick)’s wedding, but keep an eye out for increasingly complex involvement for Urie’s character. Of course, even without Urie’s handsome mug gracing the screen, Hot in Cleveland continues to be among TV Land’s highest-rated shows, hanging on the serious star power of leads Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, and Malick. We expect Urie’s character will get some valuable screen time and significant plot points — not only because he’s a talented actor, but because out Emmy-winning actor Sean Hayes is one of the show’s executive producers.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays