Hot Sheet: 'It May Be Considered Art'
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2013 10:41 AM ET
10. THEATER: Upstairs
This new musical drama is based on one of the worst tragedies in LGBT history — an arson fire at the Upstairs Lounge, a New Orleans gay bar, that claimed 32 lives June 24, 1973. Forty years later, writer-composer Wayne Self and director Zach McCallum give voice to those who perished. The show opened last night and continues through Sunday at Café Istanbul in New Orleans. Go here for an interview with the creators.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- Coming Out of the Closet in Front of the Cast of Mamma Mia
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members