Hot Sheet: 'It May Be Considered Art'
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2013 10:41 AM ET
10. THEATER: Upstairs
This new musical drama is based on one of the worst tragedies in LGBT history — an arson fire at the Upstairs Lounge, a New Orleans gay bar, that claimed 32 lives June 24, 1973. Forty years later, writer-composer Wayne Self and director Zach McCallum give voice to those who perished. The show opened last night and continues through Sunday at Café Istanbul in New Orleans. Go here for an interview with the creators.
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Op-ed: In Mass. Politics, Love Now Dares to Speak Its Name