Hot Sheet: 'It May Be Considered Art'
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2013 10:41 AM ET
10. THEATER: Upstairs
This new musical drama is based on one of the worst tragedies in LGBT history — an arson fire at the Upstairs Lounge, a New Orleans gay bar, that claimed 32 lives June 24, 1973. Forty years later, writer-composer Wayne Self and director Zach McCallum give voice to those who perished. The show opened last night and continues through Sunday at Café Istanbul in New Orleans. Go here for an interview with the creators.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England