Hot Sheet: 'It May Be Considered Art'
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2013 9:41 AM ET
10. THEATER: Upstairs
This new musical drama is based on one of the worst tragedies in LGBT history — an arson fire at the Upstairs Lounge, a New Orleans gay bar, that claimed 32 lives June 24, 1973. Forty years later, writer-composer Wayne Self and director Zach McCallum give voice to those who perished. The show opened last night and continues through Sunday at Café Istanbul in New Orleans. Go here for an interview with the creators.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View