Hot Sheet: Cruising the All-American Boy
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 05 2013 1:36 PM ET
9. THEATER: Women Center Stage Festival
This four-week event at New York City’s newly renamed Lynn Redgrave Theater spotlights women artists, especially their contributions to human rights and social justice. It promises ample LGBT content, including A Groundbreakers Playlist, with lesbians caught up in a video game–based romantic fantasy; scenes from Motherf*cker, a new work by Staceyann Chin; and a performance of Redgrave’s play Shakespeare for My Father, about her difficult relationship with her family patriarch — the distinguished actor and closeted gay man Sir Michael Redgrave. Opens Monday and runs through August 3.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married