Hot Sheet: Cruising the All-American Boy
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 05 2013 12:36 PM ET
9. THEATER: Women Center Stage Festival
This four-week event at New York City’s newly renamed Lynn Redgrave Theater spotlights women artists, especially their contributions to human rights and social justice. It promises ample LGBT content, including A Groundbreakers Playlist, with lesbians caught up in a video game–based romantic fantasy; scenes from Motherf*cker, a new work by Staceyann Chin; and a performance of Redgrave’s play Shakespeare for My Father, about her difficult relationship with her family patriarch — the distinguished actor and closeted gay man Sir Michael Redgrave. Opens Monday and runs through August 3.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: What If Stonewall Happened Now?
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book