Hot Sheet: Cruising the All-American Boy
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 05 2013 1:36 PM ET
8. MUSIC: Ciara, “I’m Out”
While Ciara’s choice of singles has stymied her success — that awful “Love, Sex, Magic” collaboration with Justin Timberlake comes to mind, and the fact that the thrilling “Keep Dancin’ on Me” was never released is a tragedy (blame her former record label, Jive) — the Southern songstress is consistently adventurous when it comes to the music she makes, and she makes a lot of it. On her fifth album, the self-titled Ciara, the Texas native features two collaborations with Nicki Minaj and one with her boyfriend, Future. The collection received a rave from The Guardian: “Ciara has quietly built up a formidable discography, and this eponymous set maintains the high quality.” Out Thursday; read our interview with Ciara here.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?