Hot Sheet: Cruising the All-American Boy
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 05 2013 1:36 PM ET
8. MUSIC: Ciara, “I’m Out”
While Ciara’s choice of singles has stymied her success — that awful “Love, Sex, Magic” collaboration with Justin Timberlake comes to mind, and the fact that the thrilling “Keep Dancin’ on Me” was never released is a tragedy (blame her former record label, Jive) — the Southern songstress is consistently adventurous when it comes to the music she makes, and she makes a lot of it. On her fifth album, the self-titled Ciara, the Texas native features two collaborations with Nicki Minaj and one with her boyfriend, Future. The collection received a rave from The Guardian: “Ciara has quietly built up a formidable discography, and this eponymous set maintains the high quality.” Out Thursday; read our interview with Ciara here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'