Hot Sheet: Cruising the All-American Boy
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 05 2013 12:36 PM ET
8. MUSIC: Ciara, “I’m Out”
While Ciara’s choice of singles has stymied her success — that awful “Love, Sex, Magic” collaboration with Justin Timberlake comes to mind, and the fact that the thrilling “Keep Dancin’ on Me” was never released is a tragedy (blame her former record label, Jive) — the Southern songstress is consistently adventurous when it comes to the music she makes, and she makes a lot of it. On her fifth album, the self-titled Ciara, the Texas native features two collaborations with Nicki Minaj and one with her boyfriend, Future. The collection received a rave from The Guardian: “Ciara has quietly built up a formidable discography, and this eponymous set maintains the high quality.” Out Thursday; read our interview with Ciara here.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- George Takei Hosts My Husband's Not Straight — The Perfect Follow-Up to TLC's 'Not Gay' Reality Show
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar