Hot Sheet: Cruising the All-American Boy
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 05 2013 1:36 PM ET
8. MUSIC: Ciara, “I’m Out”
While Ciara’s choice of singles has stymied her success — that awful “Love, Sex, Magic” collaboration with Justin Timberlake comes to mind, and the fact that the thrilling “Keep Dancin’ on Me” was never released is a tragedy (blame her former record label, Jive) — the Southern songstress is consistently adventurous when it comes to the music she makes, and she makes a lot of it. On her fifth album, the self-titled Ciara, the Texas native features two collaborations with Nicki Minaj and one with her boyfriend, Future. The collection received a rave from The Guardian: “Ciara has quietly built up a formidable discography, and this eponymous set maintains the high quality.” Out Thursday; read our interview with Ciara here.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'