Hot Sheet: Anything That Loves
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2013 10:21 AM ET
9. BOOK: Festishism in Fashion
In Lidewij Edelkoort's provocative new coffee table book, Fetishism in Fashion (Frame Publishers), the internationally renowned trend forecaster explores the world of fashion through a fetishistic lens, to talk about everything from the the psychology of branding, the evolution of taste from birth to adulthood, infantilism, sexuality, and the reason why sky-high heels are the norm today. The often not-safe-for-work photos, some a bit edgier than others, and the fact that it comes wrapped with a latex rubber band, are big bonuses. It's a perfect gift for anyone interested in art, design, fashion, or beauty, and anyone who couldn't make it to Edelkoort's curation of the Mode Biennale Arnhem 2013, happening in the Netherlands this month.
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Murder Mastermind Charles Manson is Bi, Raped a Man