Hot Sheet: Anything That Loves
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2013 9:21 AM ET
8. EVENT: Fresh Fruit Festival
The 2013 Fresh Fruit Festival runs through July 21 at The Wild Project (195 E. 3rd St.) & Nuyorican Poets Cafe (236 E. 3rd St.) in New York City, and features more than 40 works of theater, dance, film, music, and visual art — the largest celebration of LGBT arts and culture in the festival’s 11-year history. The Fresh Fruit Festival is presented by All Out Arts to celebrate the LGBT community’s unique perspective, creativity, and diversity, and to build links between the LGBT artistic communities — be they local or international. Established in 1991, All Out Arts is a nonprofit devoted to bringing together the diverse artistic, organizational, political, and financial resources of the LGBT community in order to fight intolerance. For more information, visit freshfruitfestival.com. Pictured above: Titty Condoms features choreography by McKenna Birmingham, and dancers Eric Berey, Ernesto Breton, and Weaver Rhodes. Showtime: Saturday, July 13 at 9 p.m. at The Wild Project.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'