Hot Sheet: Anything That Loves
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 12 2013 10:21 AM ET
6. Book: Latter-Gay Saints
It's been a good summer for LGBT Mormons; after decades of discrimination and outright hostility, the Latter-Day Saints are softening their stance around homosexuality and marriage equality. On the heels of that comes Latter-Gay Saints, a collection of 25 short stories that showcase a diverse range of ideas about what it means to be both Mormon and gay. The majority are written by gay and lesbian Mormons who have reconciled their sexual orientation and their faith; a few are written by outsiders. Edited by Gerald S. Argetsinger, Jeff Laver, and Johnny Townsend, the book is an interesting read for anyone who has struggled with faith and sexuality.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word