Hot Sheet: Ursa Major
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 19 2013 4:30 PM ET
2. THEATER: Homo the Musical!
B-movie director Lola RocknRolla, and acclaimed theater performer/director David Drake, are teaming up to bring one of the most sex-filled, gut-wrenching, dildo-throwing musical events ever seen at the New York Musical Theater Festival. Homo The Musical! tells the story of a gay alien from Planet Homo, who invades the religious mid-American town of Pleasant Valley Pines and sparks a city-wide sexual revolution that creates scandal among the most conservative of citizens. It’s campy, has a killer punk-rock score, and Drake (who is known for his Obie-winning performance in the longest-running solo show in New York theater history, The Night Larry Kramer Kissed Me) will be directing this show. Homo The Musical! hits the stage on Tuesday at 8 p.m.; Thursday at 5 p.m. and 9 p.m., July 26 at 5 p.m., and July 27 at 9 p.m. (Get more details here.)
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- S.C. Fans Show Lack Of Creativity, Smarts in Michael Sam Posters