Hot Sheet: Road to Paradise
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2013 6:59 PM ET
5. EVENT: Third Annual Portland Queer Music Festival
The Portland Queer Music Festival is an annual festival held in Portland, Ore., that recognizes and celebrates musicians from within the LGBT and queer community. Aiming to showcase the diversity of artists from around the country, this weekend's lineup includes Friday headliners AB Soto and Portland-based favorites Sisafist. Saturday's headliners include homegrown heroes Mattachine Social, and Seattle's up-and-coming Night Cadet. The festival, expanded this year to two days from its original one, takes place at Crush Bar in Portland, at 1400 SE Morrison St. Tickets for either day are $8 at the door, and the festival starts rocking at 4 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Basic Rights Oregon in support of its initiative to put marriage equality on the Oregon ballot in 2014. Find more information, including a complete festival lineup, at Facebook.com/PDXMusicFestival.
- Why Are We Gay?
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual