Hot Sheet: Do You Know the Way to San Diego?
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 09 2013 5:00 PM ET
6. ART: "Round Hole, Square Peg"
This exhibit is a curated invitational, conceived with the intent to redefine a queer aesthetic for the 21st century. Featured are 20 artists working in a variety of different mediums, all focused on social issues surrounding being LGBT in the modern world. Central to the show's conception is the idea that queer queer artists have a perspective and experience to contribute to society that is wholly their own. Through August 31 at Smart Clothes Gallery, 154 Stanton St., New York, NY 10002
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'