Hot Sheet: The Happy, Sad Dog Days of Summer
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 16 2013 11:01 AM ET
8. BOOKS: Mirabelle series
LGBT parents and their kids are sure to love these board books, for children age 2 to 5, about an inquisitive, enthusiastic Boston terrier named Mirabelle and her owner, Mr. Muller (author-artist Michael Muller), who together discover the simple pleasures of everyday activities. There is a real-life Mirabelle, and she has two dads. Three books about her adventures have been released to date: Mirabelle and the Butterfly, Mirabelle Goes for a Walk, and Mirabelle and the Big Red Ball.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism