Hot Sheet: The Happy, Sad Dog Days of Summer
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 16 2013 11:01 AM ET
6. EVENT: 18th Annual San Francisco Drag King Contest
While the flashy and fabulous drag queens might get most of the attention at Pride parades and on certain cable networks, we've got a soft spot in our hearts for studly drag kings around the country. And there will be no better venue to drool over these gender-bending folks than Saturday's 18th Annual San Francisco Drag King Contest, hosted by DragStrip and Fudgie Frottage. Billing itself as the world's largest drag king competition, the contest kicks off at 9 p.m. Saturday at Space 550 Barnveld. Tickets are $20 for general admission — which includes entry to the after-party — or $35 for VIP access. Proceeds from the contest will benefit Pets Are Wonderful Support, an organization that works to provide food, veterinary care, and support to beloved pets whose owners are struggling to make ends meet due to economic hardship or health issues. So scurry on over to 550 Barnveld to support these furry companions and the handsome bois who will be strutting their stuff for a good cause. Woof!
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community