Hot Sheet: The Happy, Sad Dog Days of Summer
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 16 2013 11:01 AM ET
5. ART: “Color Blind: Our Take on Black and White,” plus photos by Colin Davis and Jim Frohliger
LGBT youth contemplate identity and two gay photographers contemplate their world in exhibits at Center on Halsted, Chicago’s LGBT community center. “Color Blind: Our Take on Black and White” displays work by participants in the center’s youth program, rendered in black and white rather than color, and reflecting the intersection of their ethnic and sexual identities. It opened yesterday and continues through September 15. A separate show features photographs by Davis, who says he’s presenting “a range of my artistic inklings,” including angels, flowers, and men’s knees, and Frohliger, who explores the sites and stories of the city. There’s an opening reception tonight from 7 to 9, and the exhibit runs through October 1.
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- WATCH: The Surprising Way GOP Candidates Define 'Discrimination'