Hot Sheet: Hardcore Softball
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 23 2013 2:25 PM ET
7. FILM: Thérèse
Audrey Tautou (Amélie, The Da Vinci Code) shines in director Claude Miller's final film. Based on the 1927 novel by François Mauriac, this sensual film revels in the stunning scenery of southwestern France. Tautou's Thérèse marries her arrogant husband, Bernard (Gilles Lellouche), mostly out of convenience, but the relationship becomes less and less convenient as her husband becomes more distant. When Thérèse's best friend — who happens to be her sister-in-law — falls madly in love with a handsome young Portuguese man, Thérèse is inspired by the passion and fire of true, unbridled love. As Bernard's family flexes its oppressive grip around Thérèse and her best friend, Thérèse takes matters into her own hands to fight for the freedom she deserves, with Tautou expertly conveying the heartache, sorrow, joy, and love demanded by the role. Thérèse opens in theaters today.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion