Hot Sheet: Smacking James Franco Around Some
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2013 5:42 PM ET
8. EVENTS: Film Festivals on Each Coast
There's just something in the air at an LGBT film festival that makes you feel smart and comfortable. All of it just feels right — seeing new, interesting films about LGBT life with like-minded people. One of New York's big film festivals, NewFest, kicks off September 6, just as Long Beach's Qfilms celebrates its 20th anniversary the same day. Filmlinc.com/films/series/2013-newfest (NewFest) and QFilmsLongBeach.com.
Above: A still from the film Free Fall, on the program at NewFest.
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014
- Dallas Airport Attacker Unlikely to Face Hate Crime Charges