Hot Sheet: Smacking James Franco Around Some
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2013 5:42 PM ET
8. EVENTS: Film Festivals on Each Coast
There's just something in the air at an LGBT film festival that makes you feel smart and comfortable. All of it just feels right — seeing new, interesting films about LGBT life with like-minded people. One of New York's big film festivals, NewFest, kicks off September 6, just as Long Beach's Qfilms celebrates its 20th anniversary the same day. Filmlinc.com/films/series/2013-newfest (NewFest) and QFilmsLongBeach.com.
Above: A still from the film Free Fall, on the program at NewFest.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'