Hot Sheet: Smacking James Franco Around Some
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2013 4:42 PM ET
8. EVENTS: Film Festivals on Each Coast
There's just something in the air at an LGBT film festival that makes you feel smart and comfortable. All of it just feels right — seeing new, interesting films about LGBT life with like-minded people. One of New York's big film festivals, NewFest, kicks off September 6, just as Long Beach's Qfilms celebrates its 20th anniversary the same day. Filmlinc.com/films/series/2013-newfest (NewFest) and QFilmsLongBeach.com.
Above: A still from the film Free Fall, on the program at NewFest.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Art on the Edge in a Warm Climate
- Michigan AG Asks Supreme Court To Skip Ruling on Marriage Equality