Hot Sheet: Smacking James Franco Around Some
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2013 4:42 PM ET
8. EVENTS: Film Festivals on Each Coast
There's just something in the air at an LGBT film festival that makes you feel smart and comfortable. All of it just feels right — seeing new, interesting films about LGBT life with like-minded people. One of New York's big film festivals, NewFest, kicks off September 6, just as Long Beach's Qfilms celebrates its 20th anniversary the same day. Filmlinc.com/films/series/2013-newfest (NewFest) and QFilmsLongBeach.com.
Above: A still from the film Free Fall, on the program at NewFest.
- World World Bank President Withdraws From Panel on 'Economic Impact of Homophobia' 16 min 56 sec ago
- Transgender Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women 23 min 3 sec ago
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 42 min 40 sec ago
- Media CNN to Test New Don Lemon Prime-Time Show 56 min 34 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Christian Pastors Involved in African LGBT Issues — But Not How You May Think 1 hour 12 min ago
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 1 hour 24 min ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 1 hour 41 min ago