Hot Sheet: Smacking James Franco Around Some
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 30 2013 5:42 PM ET
1. TV: James Franco Roast
Academy Award-nominated actor, author, poet, gay icon — what hasn’t James Franco accomplished in his 35 years on earth? Being the subject of a roast on Comedy Central! Thankfully, this oversight will finally be addressed on Labor Day, when a coterie of comedians will verbally skewer the Milk star and aspiring Renaissance man. A sampling of some of the quotes already released reveals that there are, naturally, gay jokes aplenty.
Seth Rogen, who recently costarred with Franco in This Is the End, will be the “Roast Master” in the proceedings, which will also feature the comic talents of Sarah Silverman, Jonah Hill, Bill Hader, Andy Samberg, Natasha Leggero, Nick Kroll, and Jeff Ross.
Comedy Central will be airing its Roast of James Franco Monday at 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific. Beginning at 9:45 p.m., Comedy Central will also have a livestream of the show on its website, CC.com, prefaced by a 15-minute red carpet show hosted by Franco’s grandmother and comedian Jonah Ray. Live tweeting is encouraged (#FrancoRoast), and fans can see their tweets online and during the rebroadcast Monday night at 11:30 p.m. Eastern.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 52 min 1 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 1 hour 31 min ago
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court 1 hour 37 min ago
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 2 hours 1 min ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 2 hours 9 min ago
- Youth Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill 2 hours 16 min ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 2 hours 59 min ago