Hot Sheet: Go-getters
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2013 3:00 PM ET
6. ART: The Artwork of Grace Slick
The front woman of Jefferson Airplane and Starship has always been somebody to love, and she’s not only a legendary singer but a talented painter. Slick, whose art communicates much of the same energy she put into her music, has had more than 100 exhibits since 2000, and the latest one opens Tuesday at Gallery 319 in Woodland Hills, a section of Los Angeles’s San Fernando Valley. Slick’s newest paintings, drawings, and limited editions — including a series of visual representations of “White Rabbit” — will be available for sale, and as an added treat, she’ll meet gallery patrons September 21 from 6 to 9 p.m. Admission is free, but reservations are required for the meet-and-greet. The exhibition runs through October 5. For more information, you don’t have to go ask Alice, but instead just click here.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers