Hot Sheet: Go-getters
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2013 3:00 PM ET
1. EVENT: Voices on Point
If you want to feel really good about the future of America, look no further than the Point Foundation's annual Voices on Point gala. The foundation grants LGBT students much-needed scholarships to help them accomplish their academic and career goals, like going to medical school or entering social work. Those students are celebrated annually at this gala; this year's will feature performances by Melissa Manchester, and Alex Newell as well as appearances by Victoria Justice, Bob Harper, Florence Henderson, and Greg Louganis. For more information: PointFoundation.org. Pictured above: Scheduled perfomers G.R.L.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'