Hot Sheet: Go-getters
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2013 3:00 PM ET
1. EVENT: Voices on Point
If you want to feel really good about the future of America, look no further than the Point Foundation's annual Voices on Point gala. The foundation grants LGBT students much-needed scholarships to help them accomplish their academic and career goals, like going to medical school or entering social work. Those students are celebrated annually at this gala; this year's will feature performances by Melissa Manchester, and Alex Newell as well as appearances by Victoria Justice, Bob Harper, Florence Henderson, and Greg Louganis. For more information: PointFoundation.org. Pictured above: Scheduled perfomers G.R.L.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Students Silence Antigay Preacher With Song of Love