Hot Sheet: Go-getters
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2013 3:00 PM ET
1. EVENT: Voices on Point
If you want to feel really good about the future of America, look no further than the Point Foundation's annual Voices on Point gala. The foundation grants LGBT students much-needed scholarships to help them accomplish their academic and career goals, like going to medical school or entering social work. Those students are celebrated annually at this gala; this year's will feature performances by Melissa Manchester, and Alex Newell as well as appearances by Victoria Justice, Bob Harper, Florence Henderson, and Greg Louganis. For more information: PointFoundation.org. Pictured above: Scheduled perfomers G.R.L.
- Why Are We Gay?
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'