Hot Sheet: Go-getters
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2013 3:00 PM ET
1. EVENT: Voices on Point
If you want to feel really good about the future of America, look no further than the Point Foundation's annual Voices on Point gala. The foundation grants LGBT students much-needed scholarships to help them accomplish their academic and career goals, like going to medical school or entering social work. Those students are celebrated annually at this gala; this year's will feature performances by Melissa Manchester, and Alex Newell as well as appearances by Victoria Justice, Bob Harper, Florence Henderson, and Greg Louganis. For more information: PointFoundation.org. Pictured above: Scheduled perfomers G.R.L.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- WATCH: 7-Year-Old Waves Pride Flag in Face of Homophobic Rant, Wins Internet
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?