Hot Sheet: Fund-Raisin' in the Sun
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 12 2013 5:35 PM ET
8. CD: Sheryl Crow, Feels Like Home
Sheryl Crow harkens back to her country roots with her latest album, Feels Like Home. While the singer-songwriter has always had a certain twang to her style, her latest effort is a full-on, boot-stompin' down-home good time. The record's 12 tracks hint at the influence of greats before her, including Merle Haggard, Patsy Cline, and Bobbie Gentry. Crow keeps her songwriter cred alive on Feels Like Home with lyrics that are catchy, well-crafted, and accessible enough to be popular while also artistic enough to win respect. This record has a little something for everyone, the Advocate and SheWired editor Trudy Ring reveals in SheWired's exclusive review: "Some of the tracks are upbeat (for when all you want to do is have some fun), others slow and a little somber (in case you feel like hell tonight)." Check out the full review on SheWired and pick up a copy of the record out now from Warner Music Nashville, or download it through iTunes here. Enjoy a sample from the new album with the official music video for "Easy" below.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'