Hot Sheet: Cher Your Love
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 20 2013 10:46 AM ET
6. THEATER: Radar L.A.
There’s LGBT content aplenty in this second annual festival of contemporary theater from around the world. Shows of particular interest include writer-performer Luis Alfaro’s autobiographical play St. Jude, which takes him back to his childhood in California’s rural Central Valley; Stardust, a dance-theater piece by director-choreographer David Roussève and his company Reality (pictured above), telling the coming-of-age story of a gay African-American teen; Dogugaeshi, a collaboration between puppeteer Basil Twist and musician Yumiko Tanaka, drawing on traditional Japanese art forms; and Jerk, based on a short story by Dennis Cooper, with a serial killer’s accomplice using puppetry to spin the tale of his crimes. These and other shows will be presented at venues around Los Angeles, beginning Tuesday and continuing through October 1. For the full schedule, check here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did