Hot Sheet: Cher Your Love
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 20 2013 11:46 AM ET
6. THEATER: Radar L.A.
There’s LGBT content aplenty in this second annual festival of contemporary theater from around the world. Shows of particular interest include writer-performer Luis Alfaro’s autobiographical play St. Jude, which takes him back to his childhood in California’s rural Central Valley; Stardust, a dance-theater piece by director-choreographer David Roussève and his company Reality (pictured above), telling the coming-of-age story of a gay African-American teen; Dogugaeshi, a collaboration between puppeteer Basil Twist and musician Yumiko Tanaka, drawing on traditional Japanese art forms; and Jerk, based on a short story by Dennis Cooper, with a serial killer’s accomplice using puppetry to spin the tale of his crimes. These and other shows will be presented at venues around Los Angeles, beginning Tuesday and continuing through October 1. For the full schedule, check here.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- How to Date an HIV-Negative Guy
- Famous and Powerful Express Joy for Irish Marriage Vote
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos