Hot Sheet: All Those Wonderful People Out There in the Dark
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2013 4:09 PM ET
10. EVENT: Judy Shepard, "With Malice Toward None: A Mother's Response to Hate"
If you've been wondering about Judy Shepard's take on this upcoming book about the circumstances surrounding her son Matthew's death, it's expected that she will address the matter Monday at Ford's Theatre's in Washington, D.C. Cokie Roberts will interview Shepard in the first of a series of Monday night panels on hate crimes and how to combat them. The panels are part of the theater's multiyear Lincoln Legacy Project and are being held in conjunction with its current production of The Laramie Project, coinciding with the 15th anniversary of Matthew's murder. For info on all the events, see Fords.org. — Michelle Garcia
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members