Hot Sheet: All Those Wonderful People Out There in the Dark
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2013 4:09 PM ET
10. EVENT: Judy Shepard, "With Malice Toward None: A Mother's Response to Hate"
If you've been wondering about Judy Shepard's take on this upcoming book about the circumstances surrounding her son Matthew's death, it's expected that she will address the matter Monday at Ford's Theatre's in Washington, D.C. Cokie Roberts will interview Shepard in the first of a series of Monday night panels on hate crimes and how to combat them. The panels are part of the theater's multiyear Lincoln Legacy Project and are being held in conjunction with its current production of The Laramie Project, coinciding with the 15th anniversary of Matthew's murder. For info on all the events, see Fords.org. — Michelle Garcia
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses