Hot Sheet: Gravity's Rainbow
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 04 2013 2:06 PM ET
3. THEATER: It Gets Better Tour
The It Gets Better Project, Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles, and Speak Theater Arts have collaborated to produce a musical theater performance, It Gets Better, featuring poignant narratives of growing up gay. The artists are touring communities around the nation; at each stop the production will be preceded by a week of educational workshops on combating bullying and promoting acceptance. Next week, Weber State University welcomes It Gets Better to Ogden, Utah, where workshops will begin Monday and the show will be presented October 11 at Peery’s Egyptian Theater. Future engagements are set for Oxford, Ohio; Milwaukee and Whitewater, Wis.; Lincoln, Neb.; and Houston. For tickets to the Ogden performance, click here; info about further tour dates is here. — Trudy Ring
Above: Jason Currie, Drew Tablak, Mario Mosley, Tod Macofsky, and Sacha-Sacket
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes