Hot Sheet: Guys on Film
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2013 5:01 PM ET
10. EVENT: 2013 San Francisco Transgender Film Festival
The 2013 San Francisco Transgender Film Festival returns to the Roxy Theater in the Mission District tonight.
Founded in 1997, the San Francisco Transgender Film Festival takes place tonight through Sunday at the Roxy Theater, providing three days of award-winning transgender cinema and a host of programs by trans and gender-variant artists from around the world. The groundbreaking, provocative, and moving storylines are sure to help capture the complexity of trans people's lives and highlight struggles everyone can benefit from learning more about.
SFTFF kicks off tonight at 8 with an Opening Night Gala: Transgender Shorts. Tickets can be purchased on a sliding scale at BrownPaperTickets, which offers discounts for both seniors and low-income individuals. Watch the festival's trailer below, and get all the details here. — Michael Regula
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- Marriage Equality Only Happened Because Grassroots Refused to Wait
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition