Hot Sheet: Guys on Film
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2013 4:01 PM ET
8. MUSIC: Britney Spears, “Perfume”
There's something strange about hearing Britney Spears singing about "marking her territory." But if you can get past the odd lyrics ("I hope she smells my perfume"), "Perfume" stands out simply for being a Britney ballad reminiscent of the early 2000s and not a club banger like "Work Bitch" or "Til the World Ends." The second single off the forthcoming Britney Jean album, "Perfume" was written by Spears and bi musical phenom Sia Furler. It's nice to think Brit still has some of that vulnerability that helped endear her to us in the first place. — Neal Broverman
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet