Hot Sheet: Guys on Film
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2013 5:01 PM ET
4. COMICS: The Stonewall Riots
Bluewater Productions is celebrating the 44th anniversary of one of the most important moments of the modern LGBT rights movement with The Stonewall Riots, a history in comic book form. The 32-page comic, written by Michael Troy and illustrated by David T. Cabrera, retells the story of the night in June 1969 when police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York's Greenwich Village, resulting in a violent riot and six-day siege that would mark the beginning of the struggle for LGBT Americans' basic human rights.
Print copies of the book can be ordered at Comic Flea Market for $3.99. Digital copies are available for $1.99 from iTunes. — Jase Peeples
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Op-ed: Will GOP Candidates Sign NOM’s 2016 Hate Pledge?
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Here's How You Can Celebrate Trans Pride on Facebook, Too!