Hot Sheet: Guys on Film
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2013 5:01 PM ET
4. COMICS: The Stonewall Riots
Bluewater Productions is celebrating the 44th anniversary of one of the most important moments of the modern LGBT rights movement with The Stonewall Riots, a history in comic book form. The 32-page comic, written by Michael Troy and illustrated by David T. Cabrera, retells the story of the night in June 1969 when police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York's Greenwich Village, resulting in a violent riot and six-day siege that would mark the beginning of the struggle for LGBT Americans' basic human rights.
Print copies of the book can be ordered at Comic Flea Market for $3.99. Digital copies are available for $1.99 from iTunes. — Jase Peeples
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant