Hot Sheet: Guys on Film
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2013 5:01 PM ET
4. COMICS: The Stonewall Riots
Bluewater Productions is celebrating the 44th anniversary of one of the most important moments of the modern LGBT rights movement with The Stonewall Riots, a history in comic book form. The 32-page comic, written by Michael Troy and illustrated by David T. Cabrera, retells the story of the night in June 1969 when police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York's Greenwich Village, resulting in a violent riot and six-day siege that would mark the beginning of the struggle for LGBT Americans' basic human rights.
Print copies of the book can be ordered at Comic Flea Market for $3.99. Digital copies are available for $1.99 from iTunes. — Jase Peeples
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Mo'Nique: Blackbird Is My 'Love Letter' to the Gay Community