Hot Sheet: Guys on Film
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2013 5:01 PM ET
4. COMICS: The Stonewall Riots
Bluewater Productions is celebrating the 44th anniversary of one of the most important moments of the modern LGBT rights movement with The Stonewall Riots, a history in comic book form. The 32-page comic, written by Michael Troy and illustrated by David T. Cabrera, retells the story of the night in June 1969 when police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York's Greenwich Village, resulting in a violent riot and six-day siege that would mark the beginning of the struggle for LGBT Americans' basic human rights.
Print copies of the book can be ordered at Comic Flea Market for $3.99. Digital copies are available for $1.99 from iTunes. — Jase Peeples
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: What Barney Frank Still Gets Wrong on ENDA
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks