Hot Sheet: Guys on Film
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2013 5:01 PM ET
3. MUSIC: Lady Gaga, Artpop
It seems like we first heard about Artpop when Gaga was Germanotta, but the pop innovator’s third album actually doesn’t come out until Monday. It’s been a tumultuous time for Gaga, as she just split with her longtime manager and saw some of her gay legions turn against her, but we have no doubt she’ll persevere and Artpop will land at the top of the charts. Buoyed by infectious singles like “Applause” and “Do What You Want,” the album appears as radio-friendly (the “Pop”) as pretentious (the “Art”). The concept follows Gaga themes like fame and artistic integrity but expands on the star’s fixation with the “high art world,” as in the rarefied sphere occupied by Andy Warhol and Jeff Koons. It’s a mishmash of everything, but it won’t be one thing: boring. — Neal Broverman
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'