Hot Sheet: Steel a Glance
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2013 10:04 PM ET
7. FILM: The 26th New York Queer Experimental Film Festival
Known for debuting works by such noted filmmakers as Jennie Livingston and Gus Van Sant, the New York Queer Experimental Film Festival continues its tradition of promoting works important to LGBT audiences by showing more than 225 films, artworks, and performances throughout the week, including movies like Feed Your Head, Valencia, and Big Joy. The installations and art events are free of charge, a courtesy that is extended to the box office for moviegoers under the age of 21. The 26th New York Queer Experimental Film Festival runs through Sunday at MIX Factory, 521 Third Ave,, in Brooklyn, as well as offsite locations. For a full schedule of events, visit the festival’s website. — Daniel Reynolds
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.