Hot Sheet: Steel a Glance
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2013 10:04 PM ET
5. DANCE: Sleeping Beauty, Matthew Bourne
The renowned (and out) writer-director-choreographer Matthew Bourne can always be counted on to deliver something out of the ordinary, and that’s the case with his Sleeping Beauty, in which he reimagines the classic story and ballet as a gothic romance, with fairies and vampires, breathtaking scenery, and Tchaikovsky’s music presented in surround sound. Bourne’s Sleeping Beauty has already captivated audiences in several cities; it’s onstage now at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., through Sunday, then comes to Los Angeles’s Ahmanson Theatre for a two-week engagement beginning next Thursday and continuing through December 1. Click here for D.C. tickets and here for L.A. — Trudy Ring
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality