Hot Sheet: Steel a Glance
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2013 10:04 PM ET
4. EVENT: Las Vegas Hosts Nevada's First Trans Pride
Sin City is ready to roll out the red carpet for the trans community next week, kicking off the state's first Trans Pride Week Wednesday. Organized by the Center, Gender Justice Nevada, GetEQUAL Nevada, Northwest Community Church, and Mary Magdalene Friends UCC, the five-day event will feature activities designed to bring awareness and pride to the local trans community. The inaugural celebration kicks off with a Trans Pride March Wednesday, stepping off from the Center at 7 p.m. and wrapping up at City Hall. Thursday's events include an installation at the Center in honor of Transgender Day of Remembrance as well as a community conversation called TransGiving. On Sunday the 24th, closing events include a worship service at 2 p.m. at the Center, followed by an evening of celebration and a Trans Pride Week Mixer at Club Metro, with an $8 beer bust and $10 liquor bust. Find the full schedule of events here. — Sunnivie Brydum
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant