Hot Sheet: On Midler! On Madea! On Cooper! On Britney!
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 19 2013 7:08 PM ET
8. THEATER: Crones for the Holidays: The Sequel
There’s nothing like Crones for the Holidays, in which holiday traditions are subverted and celebrated by the Crackpot Crones — slightly world-renowned lesbian Jewish playwright Terry Baum and straight lapsed Christian queen of comedy Carolyn Myers. Hear the Virgin Mary’s coming-out story and watch her fight homophobia in Russia, see the Red Hanky Grannies invade the Pentagon, sing along with “The Twelve Days of Family Insults,” and hear the new song “Frosty the Snowden-Manning,” about a whistleblower snowman. The Crones perform this weekend and next at Exit Theatre in San Francisco, and best of all, admission is free, the Crones’ gift to their audience. Find more info here, and watch clips from last year’s show below. — Trudy Ring
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Women Are Still Locked in Immigration Detention Cells With Men Just Because They're Trans