Hot Sheet: On Midler! On Madea! On Cooper! On Britney!
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 19 2013 7:08 PM ET
8. THEATER: Crones for the Holidays: The Sequel
There’s nothing like Crones for the Holidays, in which holiday traditions are subverted and celebrated by the Crackpot Crones — slightly world-renowned lesbian Jewish playwright Terry Baum and straight lapsed Christian queen of comedy Carolyn Myers. Hear the Virgin Mary’s coming-out story and watch her fight homophobia in Russia, see the Red Hanky Grannies invade the Pentagon, sing along with “The Twelve Days of Family Insults,” and hear the new song “Frosty the Snowden-Manning,” about a whistleblower snowman. The Crones perform this weekend and next at Exit Theatre in San Francisco, and best of all, admission is free, the Crones’ gift to their audience. Find more info here, and watch clips from last year’s show below. — Trudy Ring
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Rachel Maddow: The Fox News Debate Is 'Rigged'
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Taking the Bible Literally Helped Take Shira Banki's Life