Hot Sheet: Lutz for Life
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2014 9:27 PM ET
3. TV: The 71st Golden Globe Awards
Numerous LGBT actors, writers, characters, and plotlines are featured among the nominees of the 2013 Golden Globes, and they’ll shine brightly along with the rest of Hollywood’s best when the annual awards show takes place Sunday at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles. Airing on NBC at 8 p.m. Eastern, the 71st Golden Globe Awards will once again be hosted by 30 Rock's Tina Fey and Parks and Recreation's Amy Poehler. Notable LGBT nominees include Jim Parsons, who scored a nomination for best actor in a TV comedy for his role on The Big Bang Theory, and straight actors who have been nominated for outstanding performances as LGBT characters include Jared Leto, nominated for best supporting actor in a film for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club, and Matt Damon, who is in the running for for best actor in a miniseries or TV movie for his turn as Liberace’s lover in Behind the Candelabra. — Jase Peeples
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Amid Email Controversy, Proof Hillary Clinton Is (and Has Been) Pro-LGBT