Hot Sheet: Here's Looking at You
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 16 2014 9:44 PM ET
2. EVENT: Sundance Film Festival
Nearly 50,000 visitors are expected to attend this year's Sundance Film Festival, which opened yesterday and runs through January 26 in Park City, Utah. One of the nation's largest independent film festivals, Sundance boasts about 200 movies from a variety of genres, with many featuring LGBT themes, characters, directors, and writers from around the world. Such entries include The Case Against 8, a behind-the-scenes look at the first marriage equality case to reach the Supreme Court, and The Foxy Merkins, a lesbian "prostitute buddy comedy." For a more in-depth look at the LGBT films of Sundance, check out The Advocate’s festival guide or the complete schedule at Sundance.org. — Daniel Reynolds
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- WATCH: Alan Cumming on Getting 'Whacked' By Shia LaBeouf
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- S.C. Congressional Candidate: Beware of Gay 'Gremlins'