Hot Sheet: Stranger Danger
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 23 2014 8:22 PM ET
1. FILM: Stranger by the Lake
Stranger by the Lake, a French drama directed by Alain Guiraudie, has received much acclaim from both critics and festivals, including Cannes, which honored the film with its Queer Palm award. Stranger follows the story of Franck (Pierre Deladonchamps) and his flirtation with Michel (Christophe Paou), a handsome man he encounters on a beach that gay men frequent for flirtation and sunbathing. Summer loving quickly turns sour, however, when Franck witnesses Michel drowning another man in the lake, an act he keeps a secret in order to protect the man with whom he has fallen in love. An investigation into the murder ensues, and as suspicions run high, Franck must walk the razor-thin line between fear and infatuation. — Daniel Reynolds
Stranger by the Lake premieres today at the Film Society of Lincoln Center in New York City. Watch the trailer below.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'