Hot Sheet: Stranger Danger
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 23 2014 9:22 PM ET
1. FILM: Stranger by the Lake
Stranger by the Lake, a French drama directed by Alain Guiraudie, has received much acclaim from both critics and festivals, including Cannes, which honored the film with its Queer Palm award. Stranger follows the story of Franck (Pierre Deladonchamps) and his flirtation with Michel (Christophe Paou), a handsome man he encounters on a beach that gay men frequent for flirtation and sunbathing. Summer loving quickly turns sour, however, when Franck witnesses Michel drowning another man in the lake, an act he keeps a secret in order to protect the man with whom he has fallen in love. An investigation into the murder ensues, and as suspicions run high, Franck must walk the razor-thin line between fear and infatuation. — Daniel Reynolds
Stranger by the Lake premieres today at the Film Society of Lincoln Center in New York City. Watch the trailer below.
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun