Hot Sheet: The Passion of Joe Orton
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2014 4:05 PM ET
5. EVENT: Desert AIDS Project's Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards
The Desert AIDS Project in Palm Springs, Calif., has a spectacular annual benefit that brings together amazing entertainment (Charo? Patti LaBelle? Heck yes!) and an amazing cause. The gala not only recognizes the work of researchers and pioneers in the medical field who have a passion for treating and ending HIV and AIDS, but also honors those who prove activism reflects in art. The award ceremony kicks off February 8 at 5:30 p.m. at the Palm Springs Convention Center. Find more information here. — Michelle Garcia
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills