Hot Sheet: The Passion of Joe Orton
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 30 2014 4:05 PM ET
5. EVENT: Desert AIDS Project's Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards
The Desert AIDS Project in Palm Springs, Calif., has a spectacular annual benefit that brings together amazing entertainment (Charo? Patti LaBelle? Heck yes!) and an amazing cause. The gala not only recognizes the work of researchers and pioneers in the medical field who have a passion for treating and ending HIV and AIDS, but also honors those who prove activism reflects in art. The award ceremony kicks off February 8 at 5:30 p.m. at the Palm Springs Convention Center. Find more information here. — Michelle Garcia
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel