Hot Sheet: And the Winner Is ...
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2014 7:07 PM ET
8. THEATER: Mommy Queerest
Mommy Queerest, Kat Evasco's comedic, autobiographical, one-woman show, chronicles the coming-out process of a lesbian daughter and a closeted lesbian mother. That alone sounds hilarious and frightening. In the show, Evasco tackles conflict with humorous insight while illustrating the experience of being a Filipina lesbian, gay Christian, survivor of sexual abuse, and young American just trying to get some. Meanwhile, she digs deep, placing her mother's experiences of struggle and triumph, and her own, center stage. Exit Studio, San Francisco. tonight through March 29. — Michelle Garcia
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series