Hot Sheet: And the Winner Is ...
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2014 7:07 PM ET
8. THEATER: Mommy Queerest
Mommy Queerest, Kat Evasco's comedic, autobiographical, one-woman show, chronicles the coming-out process of a lesbian daughter and a closeted lesbian mother. That alone sounds hilarious and frightening. In the show, Evasco tackles conflict with humorous insight while illustrating the experience of being a Filipina lesbian, gay Christian, survivor of sexual abuse, and young American just trying to get some. Meanwhile, she digs deep, placing her mother's experiences of struggle and triumph, and her own, center stage. Exit Studio, San Francisco. tonight through March 29. — Michelle Garcia
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- The Precarious Plight of Paul Richmond's Pinups