Hot Sheet: And the Winner Is ...
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2014 6:07 PM ET
8. THEATER: Mommy Queerest
Mommy Queerest, Kat Evasco's comedic, autobiographical, one-woman show, chronicles the coming-out process of a lesbian daughter and a closeted lesbian mother. That alone sounds hilarious and frightening. In the show, Evasco tackles conflict with humorous insight while illustrating the experience of being a Filipina lesbian, gay Christian, survivor of sexual abuse, and young American just trying to get some. Meanwhile, she digs deep, placing her mother's experiences of struggle and triumph, and her own, center stage. Exit Studio, San Francisco. tonight through March 29. — Michelle Garcia
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View