Hot Sheet: And the Winner Is ...
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2014 7:07 PM ET
8. THEATER: Mommy Queerest
Mommy Queerest, Kat Evasco's comedic, autobiographical, one-woman show, chronicles the coming-out process of a lesbian daughter and a closeted lesbian mother. That alone sounds hilarious and frightening. In the show, Evasco tackles conflict with humorous insight while illustrating the experience of being a Filipina lesbian, gay Christian, survivor of sexual abuse, and young American just trying to get some. Meanwhile, she digs deep, placing her mother's experiences of struggle and triumph, and her own, center stage. Exit Studio, San Francisco. tonight through March 29. — Michelle Garcia
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People