Hot Sheet: And the Winner Is ...
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 28 2014 7:07 PM ET
7. BOOK: Nothing Like a Dame: Conversations With the Great Women of Musical Theater by Eddie Shapiro
We love our Broadway divas, and gay theater writer Eddie Shapiro interviews the best of them in his new book. He selected Tony Award–winning stars who have spent the majority of their careers in theater, not those known primarily for film or television. OK, one of his subjects, Angela Lansbury, has had a stellar career in all three mediums, but his other interviewees are primarily stage luminaries, including Elaine Stritch, Carol Channing, Patti LuPone, Audra McDonald, Kristin Chenoweth, and Idina Menzel. A great addition to any theater lover’s library. Order here. — Trudy Ring
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Op-ed: Help Decide the Future of the LGBT Movement
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'