Hot Sheet: History Boys
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 8:25 PM ET
8. ART: "In His Own Likeness"
It’s the last week to see “In His Own Likeness,” the ArtCenter/South Florida show of works by four Latin American artists exploring eroticized masculinity and its relationship with power and divinity, given the tradition of defining God as masculine. Within that week comes what sounds like a fascinating gallery talk on sex, eroticism, and gender, Wednesday at 7 p.m. It will feature art historian and curator Marivi Velez, University of Miami professor and queer theory expert Gema Pérez-Sánchez, and ArtCenter resident artist Othón Castañeda. The exhibit, which runs through March 16, offers the work of Castañeda, Eny Roland, Rocío García, and Mario Santizo. Both the show and the discussion are at the center’s Richard Shack Gallery, 800 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach. More info here. — Trudy Ring
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'