Hot Sheet: History Boys
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 8:25 PM ET
8. ART: "In His Own Likeness"
It’s the last week to see “In His Own Likeness,” the ArtCenter/South Florida show of works by four Latin American artists exploring eroticized masculinity and its relationship with power and divinity, given the tradition of defining God as masculine. Within that week comes what sounds like a fascinating gallery talk on sex, eroticism, and gender, Wednesday at 7 p.m. It will feature art historian and curator Marivi Velez, University of Miami professor and queer theory expert Gema Pérez-Sánchez, and ArtCenter resident artist Othón Castañeda. The exhibit, which runs through March 16, offers the work of Castañeda, Eny Roland, Rocío García, and Mario Santizo. Both the show and the discussion are at the center’s Richard Shack Gallery, 800 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach. More info here. — Trudy Ring
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk