Hot Sheet: History Boys
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 8:25 PM ET
4. EVENT: Gotham City Karaoke League
There are some people who go out to a karaoke bar once a year, have a few too many drinks, croon every feeling they've had that week out to a room full of strangers, and call it karaoke. There's no shame in that. But if you want to feel a little more legit about the process, consider the Gotham City Karaoke League — that's right, a competitive karaoke league, where costumes and choreography are highly encouraged. For those of us who were less likely to be picked first for gym class soccer but most likely to play the lead in the spring musical (and anyone in between, really), this LGBT-friendly league is for you. Sign ups begin Monday, and competition begins in May, so New Yorkers should start rallying their friends ASAP, since team slots run out very quickly. — Michelle Garcia
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men