Hot Sheet: History Boys
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 8:25 PM ET
4. EVENT: Gotham City Karaoke League
There are some people who go out to a karaoke bar once a year, have a few too many drinks, croon every feeling they've had that week out to a room full of strangers, and call it karaoke. There's no shame in that. But if you want to feel a little more legit about the process, consider the Gotham City Karaoke League — that's right, a competitive karaoke league, where costumes and choreography are highly encouraged. For those of us who were less likely to be picked first for gym class soccer but most likely to play the lead in the spring musical (and anyone in between, really), this LGBT-friendly league is for you. Sign ups begin Monday, and competition begins in May, so New Yorkers should start rallying their friends ASAP, since team slots run out very quickly. — Michelle Garcia
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'