Hot Sheet: History Boys
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2014 8:25 PM ET
4. EVENT: Gotham City Karaoke League
There are some people who go out to a karaoke bar once a year, have a few too many drinks, croon every feeling they've had that week out to a room full of strangers, and call it karaoke. There's no shame in that. But if you want to feel a little more legit about the process, consider the Gotham City Karaoke League — that's right, a competitive karaoke league, where costumes and choreography are highly encouraged. For those of us who were less likely to be picked first for gym class soccer but most likely to play the lead in the spring musical (and anyone in between, really), this LGBT-friendly league is for you. Sign ups begin Monday, and competition begins in May, so New Yorkers should start rallying their friends ASAP, since team slots run out very quickly. — Michelle Garcia
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'