Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 14 2014 7:30 PM ET
6. TV: Arrow Season 2.5
From a steady stream of shameless (we don’t mind) shirtless scenes with the hunky cast to the reintroduction of DC Comics’ iconic superhero Black Canary as a bisexual, the CW’s Arrow has plenty of reasons for LGBT fans to tune in. In addition to introducing a bisexual character — a first for a series based on characters from a major comics publisher — the show boasts several cast members who are outspoken LGBT allies, including the Arrow himself, Stephen Amell. The adrenaline-charged show returns Wednesday with new episodes and dives into a new storyline involving the DC Comics supervillain team the Suicide Squad, which has featured several LGBT characters in the past. — Jase Peeples
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word