Hot Sheet: If These Sheets Could Talk
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2014 5:27 PM ET
4. AUCTION: Gogo and Didi Do NYC, starring Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen
After firmly establishing themselves as the world's greatest — and the Internet's favorite — best friends, Sirs Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are putting their adorably photogenic straight-gay alliance to good use. When the pair recently took a classic tourist trip to Coney Island, they impulsively posed for a photo to commemorate the day, then had that shot printed onto three T-shirts by a seaside vendor. And now the besties are auctioning off those three-of-a-kind shirts in a benefit for New York City-based charity City Harvest, which works to feed New Yorkers in need. As Sir Patrick so eloquently explained on the auction's page at eBay's GivingWorks: "In Waiting for Godot, Gogo and Didi are two old tramps, needy indeed. They don’t know where they’ll sleep that night, they don’t know where their next meal will come from, and they hoard their meager resources, sharing whatever they do have. In short, they’re hungry. It seemed a natural fit — Gogo and Didi and City Harvest. City Harvest helps to feed nearly two million New Yorkers facing hunger each year. So bid early, bid often, bid high, and know that you’ll be funding a vital and important organization." Make your bid here by Thursday. — Sunnivie Brydum
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'