Hot Sheet: If These Sheets Could Talk
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2014 5:27 PM ET
2. FILM: Campaign of Hate: Russia and Gay Propaganda
Michael Lucas, the founder of the gay adult film company Lucas Entertainment, returns to his native Russia in his latest documentary, Campaign of Hate: Russia and Gay Propaganda. Set against the backdrop of the Sochi Winter Olympics, the film sets out to capture the increasingly regressive political policies and societal treatment of LGBT Russians, who has experienced violence and maltreatment in the wake of the passage of the nation’s “gay propaganda” law. Through the eyes of Lucas, who was born Andrei Lvovich Treivas in Moscow, the viewer gains the unique perspective of a gay man who, after finding prosperity in the West, returns to his homeland to interview LGBTs and those such as antigay politician Vitaly Milonov who seek to further undermine their freedoms. Campaign of Hate is released on DVD Tuesday and VOD this May. It is also available for rent on the streaming service Reelhouse. Watch the trailer below. — Daniel Reynolds
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?