Hot Sheet: Evans to Betsy
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2014 4:12 PM ET
6. BOOK: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying
Lesbian writer and comedian Carol Leifer’s latest book, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying: Lessons from a Life in Comedy, features a hilarious collection of essays that highlight her three-decade journey through show business. From stealing a soda from Aaron Spelling and lessons she learned while writing for Seinfeld to understanding the power of professional camaraderie through the support of stars like Joan Rivers and Frank Sinatra, Leifer’s willingness to share her triumphs and missteps makes this collection a must for anyone who’s ever dreamed of getting ahead — and an incredibly funny read. How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying is available Tuesday from Quirk Books. — Jase Peeples
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People