Hot Sheet: Evans to Betsy
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2014 4:12 PM ET
6. BOOK: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying
Lesbian writer and comedian Carol Leifer’s latest book, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying: Lessons from a Life in Comedy, features a hilarious collection of essays that highlight her three-decade journey through show business. From stealing a soda from Aaron Spelling and lessons she learned while writing for Seinfeld to understanding the power of professional camaraderie through the support of stars like Joan Rivers and Frank Sinatra, Leifer’s willingness to share her triumphs and missteps makes this collection a must for anyone who’s ever dreamed of getting ahead — and an incredibly funny read. How to Succeed in Business Without Really Crying is available Tuesday from Quirk Books. — Jase Peeples
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher