Hot Sheet: Mad Hot Men With Guns
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 10 2014 4:30 PM ET
5. TV: Fargo
It’s a new “true crime” story with new actors (Billie Bob Thornton and Dexter’s Colin Hanks among the highlights), but FX’s new series, Fargo, has all the dark humor, cruel murder, and "Minnesota Nice" of the original, now classic, 1996 Cohen brothers’ film. As a 10-episode mini-series — think American Horror Story but with fewer gays at the outset — Fargo is sure to attract lesbian fans for two characters: smart and tough rookie cop Molly Solverson, played by Alison Tolman, who was most recently seen on Logo’s Sordid Lives: The Series, and Greta Grimly, the football-loving, BB gun-toting tomboy daughter of a cop, played by Joey King (who was awesome in The Conjuring). The show premiers Tuesday, April 15. To prepare this weekend, check out the recently released, newly remastered Blu-ray of the film, Fargo, in which every actor is superb, from hapless William H. Macy to the very chipper (get it?) and prego police chief played by Frances McDormand. — Diane Anderson-Minshall
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'