Hot Sheet: Party Mischief
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 25 2014 7:55 PM ET
5. TV: Faking It
This week marked the debut of Faking It, MTV’s teen comedy about two high school girls who fake a relationship with each other in order to achieve popularity. While the premise has raised a few eyebrows among LGBT audiences, Faking It’s heart is certainly in the right place, portraying a fictional world of acceptance that’s meant to serve as an example for the real world. “It’s something that we want people to look up to and say ... that’s something we can live up to and maybe create one day,” said actress Rita Volk at a recent panel. In the pilot episode, now available online, Volk’s character, Amy, shares a public kiss with her best friend, revealing through lovelorn looks that she may not be faking her affection after all. It’s a twist that will certainly pull viewers back for more Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m. Eastern. Watch the trailer below. – Daniel Reynolds
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Can PrEP Change the Global Fight Against HIV?