Hot Sheet: Party Mischief
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 25 2014 7:55 PM ET
1. EVENT: The White Party, Palm Springs
The biggest gay party of them all celebrates its 25th anniversary with nonstop revelry in the California desert, starting today and continuing into Monday morning. Singer Ariana Grande and top DJs Bent Collective and Gustavo Scorpio will provide music for the main event Saturday night at the Palm Springs Convention Center, where the festivities will also include the presentation of Icon awards; recipients are a diverse group, including Lada Gaga, Cher, Elton John, Candis Cayne, Andy Cohen, and many others, but no word on who’s attending. The rest of the weekend promises pool parties, underwear parties, lots of dancing, lots of hot men, and probably not a lot of sleep. But it’s not all frivolity, as the event will raise funds for the Desert AIDS Project. Get all the details here. – Trudy Ring
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People