Hot Sheet: Long on Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 16 2014 7:35 PM ET
10. BOOK: Carsick, John Waters
Your mother may have told you never to hitchhike and not to pick up strangers, but America's beloved demented filmmaking uncle John Waters thumbed his way across the country and documented every crazy step of the way. Everything, from stops at creepy McDonald's in the middle of nowhere to getting picked up by people like Connie Francis — yes, Connie Francis – is told in hilarious, engaging detail. This is John Waters's America, people! Farrar, Straus and Giroux, June 3. – Michelle Garcia
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends