Hot Sheet: Long on Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 16 2014 7:35 PM ET
10. BOOK: Carsick, John Waters
Your mother may have told you never to hitchhike and not to pick up strangers, but America's beloved demented filmmaking uncle John Waters thumbed his way across the country and documented every crazy step of the way. Everything, from stops at creepy McDonald's in the middle of nowhere to getting picked up by people like Connie Francis — yes, Connie Francis – is told in hilarious, engaging detail. This is John Waters's America, people! Farrar, Straus and Giroux, June 3. – Michelle Garcia
- Why Are We Gay?
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'