Hot Sheet: Long on Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 16 2014 7:35 PM ET
10. BOOK: Carsick, John Waters
Your mother may have told you never to hitchhike and not to pick up strangers, but America's beloved demented filmmaking uncle John Waters thumbed his way across the country and documented every crazy step of the way. Everything, from stops at creepy McDonald's in the middle of nowhere to getting picked up by people like Connie Francis — yes, Connie Francis – is told in hilarious, engaging detail. This is John Waters's America, people! Farrar, Straus and Giroux, June 3. – Michelle Garcia
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun