Hot Sheet: Long on Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 16 2014 7:35 PM ET
10. BOOK: Carsick, John Waters
Your mother may have told you never to hitchhike and not to pick up strangers, but America's beloved demented filmmaking uncle John Waters thumbed his way across the country and documented every crazy step of the way. Everything, from stops at creepy McDonald's in the middle of nowhere to getting picked up by people like Connie Francis — yes, Connie Francis – is told in hilarious, engaging detail. This is John Waters's America, people! Farrar, Straus and Giroux, June 3. – Michelle Garcia
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'