Hot Sheet: Forget the Evil Queen, What About the Prince?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2014 2:48 PM ET
6. FILM: Before You Know It
Directed by filmmaker PJ Raval (Trinidad), Before You Know It tells a story of aging in the modern world, as seen through the eyes of three gay men from different backgrounds and regions of the United States: Dennis, a Navy veteran and widower estranged from his family; Ty, a New Yorker seeking to marry his longtime partner; and Robert, a gay bar owner in Texas struggling to keep his business afloat. A far cry from a tale of woe, this powerful documentary frankly acknowledges the inevitability of growing old while encouraging viewers to do the same. Before You Know It opens today in New York and June 13 in Los Angeles. Read the full revie here and watch the trailer below. – Daniel Reynolds
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'