Hot Sheet: Forget the Evil Queen, What About the Prince?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2014 3:48 PM ET
6. FILM: Before You Know It
Directed by filmmaker PJ Raval (Trinidad), Before You Know It tells a story of aging in the modern world, as seen through the eyes of three gay men from different backgrounds and regions of the United States: Dennis, a Navy veteran and widower estranged from his family; Ty, a New Yorker seeking to marry his longtime partner; and Robert, a gay bar owner in Texas struggling to keep his business afloat. A far cry from a tale of woe, this powerful documentary frankly acknowledges the inevitability of growing old while encouraging viewers to do the same. Before You Know It opens today in New York and June 13 in Los Angeles. Read the full revie here and watch the trailer below. – Daniel Reynolds
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination